About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Chicken Coop

There's a LOT going on in my life now. I'd like to write about some of it, but I am ridiculously exhausted. I did just rid myself of my almost 40 year old bed, getting a Philosopher bed and a platform bed at that which has proven wonderful and allowed me to rid myself of the bulk of the pillows I was using to try to control acid reflux. I have to say I am sleeping better now. I want my mom to try this bed because I think it would be wonderful for her. So far I haven't gotten her into my room to give it a try. She says she wouldn't want to spend the money. She is in bed most of the day! It would be very worthwhile. She likes to eat dinner in bed (I can get her up for breakfast but not dinner) and she is not at a good angle at all. Many is the time that I think she is actively trying to die. I did get her to go out with me onto the back porch today for perhaps 45 minutes. We talked a little and watched hummingbirds and I showed her the new chicken coop which went up today.






I am looking forward to chickens. I've never had my own, but I like them and I've been looking very forward to fresh wholesome eggs. Dan (our landscaper) and Clark (his helper) will be back Thursday to put in the raised garden beds. The roofers were supposed to be here today but they say they got caught in wind in Cedar City so they say they will be here tomorrow. My shed comes Friday. Bruce says our backyard looks like a tiny home village. It will be different soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment