About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Oxygen

My mom now has oxygen at 2 liters per hour. Her Dr wrote the prescription but the company providing the oxygen says there isn't enough documentation to bill Medicare. So, hopefully documentation will be made (Every home health care nurse and the nurses in the hospital all ask if she uses oxygen at home- her level was in the 70's at the hospital when she went to get her carotid catheter replaced. The nurses could get it into the low 90s or high eighties by chanting " Smell the roses, blow out the candles" But she naturally breathes very shallowly so it isn't a level she will sustain. $150 a month till documentation is provided that she needs this. She needs it and fortuately can pay. Jeez!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment