About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I did well on my finals except statistics where i got a C (could not find the formulas that applied to the problems and I was sooooo crispy) that took me from straight A's to A's and a B+. Disappointing but oh well. Next semester I am taking chemistry, CIS (a computer literacy class) History  and an Environmental Science class I am taking solely because it interests me. The rest are all goal oriented. I SUCK at being goal oriented. I will miss not having an English class next semester and i will miss not having a physiology class (pathophysiology is my next phys class but it will have to wait for Spring. Last night I dreamed of my physiology (also anatomy) teacher. It was a fun dream and I wish I could remember it better. He was trying to teach me to think on my feet and there were real life tests (the only one i can remember was that i was supposed to find medium blue marbles (has to be from Bruce's marble art). II wish I could remember the dream because it was detailed and relevant but I can't...just the stupid marble part and I came up with little blue Christmas balls!.

This summer I need to study for the Kaplan test to enter the nursing program... Unfortunately there are several 'Kaplan tests" and in my meeting with the nursing advisor (I was SO not impressed) she failed to specify the name of the test in detail. I have to take that test this summer. I hope I choose the right study guide.

On Facebook I just left a slew of links on my 2012 Presidential candidates Facebook page when he asked if  (paraphrased) if GMOs have some merit. Having participated yesterday in the March Against Monsanto I have some really strong feelings on the matter. I think of Monsanto as Corpified Evil. But then, I find that I am against the idea of corporations and capitalism all round. Which is rather an inconvenient stance to hold in our society. I wonder how and if i will ever be employed again. Money makes the world go round, they say... and I hate it. Just hate it. meanwhile one has to live. Or not. I can't seem to squelch the or not idea, which I've had since about 20. Nor can I seem to get over the origination of that thought. In fact I still find myself thinking or crying about it which makes me so mad I guess I just live on. Oh well...we all have our baggage.

I aim for happiness. still trying to incorporate juice, fresh fruits and vegetables into my life. Still wondering if I will ever learn to garden. I AM getting good at making fresh soup which pleases me but which often contains ingredients, like cheese, that I am trying to avoid. Though...I'd like to make cheese. from raw milk. But overall I would like to get to organic fruits vegetables and nuts. I find myself becoming increasingly charged about politics, especially as it affects things like food supply, environment, and wild horses. Probably if you are a tar sands pipeline proponent or you think that fracking has any value to the world besides to the corporations that make scads of money not apparently caring about the destruction they leave in their wake, you and I are going to go round. Essentially I think we are living smack dab in the middle of one of the dystopian novels I read as a teen and shivered at the horribleness of. And the screws are tightening.

I am grateful for Bruce, my dogs and my friends and I hope I show them how much they mean to me. Dude's still on Prozac. I don;t think he likes it. Bruce  (who didn;t like it when he was taking it) thinks he is doing better on it as far as less licking. He thinks we should be giving Jetty Lee the Prozac as she is the likely source of Dude's agitation. Meanwhile I continue to medicate poor Dude and I know he hates that process.

No comments:

Post a Comment