About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Making broccoli cauliflower cheese soup. Thinking of adding yams to it since I have a whole bag of organic yams. I really couldn't remeber what yams tasted like. I knew I always liked the ones my mom made at Thanksgiving, but those came from a can and were drowned in butter, marshmallow, brown sugar.....I had a huge one outside the bag. I decided that would be lunch. So I cooked it (in the microwave which is probably not optimal health wise and added some butter and a little salt. I was delighted to find it was delicious! And.... the dogs went politely wild. Dudie was as close as he could politely be, with a certain avid lovelight in his eyes. Jetty Lee was sitting straight up looking rapt, doing her Southern Belle thing. " These be FINE vittles" emanating from her. For once PJ was the furthest away but she was equally enthused. I checked to make sure yams are ok for dogs and they are not JUST ok, they are good for them! So.... that's really good and interesting to know! They acted like they were the finest of treats (and Jetty Lee is a picky girl, but I notice she has some healthy tastes. For instance she loves pecans from the back yard, but turns her nose up at doughnuts (which Dude LOVES) and all bready things. Bruce looked at my enormous yam with clear distaste and something of incredulity on his face. Yes I (we) ate it...and YES! We liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment