About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Friday, March 28, 2014

I seem to be in a period of trying out new and different. And I am loving it! The poem I posted was from one part of one day on my first ever trip to Catalina (and Environmental Science lab, cracks me up) But omg it was fun. It was fun even though my creaky falling apart body couldn't DO everything. I did go kayaking, also for the first time! LOVED it! I have a date locally to go not-this-Sunday,-but-next with one friend and unscheduled plans to go with another friend.

Yesterday was another first. There is a performance component to my Poetry class and yesterday, for the first time in my memory I "performed" a poem. Outside. with people watching. And wind blowing and a very rude fountain that kept trying to swallow my words. With a microphone that I need some intimate time with if we are ever going to appear in public again, which we are. My classmates, wow, some of them are wonderful! I sucked but it was still sort of fun and I am looking forward to trying more new things.

Back to the ES trip (I slept on the Queen Mary! I also accidentally groped my roommate in the middle of the night because I navigated in the dark to the wrong bed but even that was funny) I saw dolphins and sea lions and garibaldi and bald eagles and a red tail hawk. I touched sharks and rays and all manner of invertebrates!

Did you know that there are laser pointers so powerful they will pinpoint stars in the sky and can possibly disrupt overflying aircraft?

I also found new music, Flight of the Concords which made me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment