About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Friday, August 1, 2014

I have tears in my eyes and a numb feeling. My friend Twila, one of two friends I am doing a dog grooming fundraiser for, was diagnosed with cervical cancer this morning. She is a lot younger than me. I remember her as a sassy teen who started down a not so good path and changed it all around, becoming a woman I very much respect. She has no insurance facing this because she takes care of her uncle, my good friend Jaime who is paraplegic and has other health issues. There have been several times I think Jaime would have died had Twila not been there with him on protracted hospital stays. Jaime is never really well anymore and Twila's daughter just had surgery and her granddaughter was just in the hospital also.

Twila's tumor is apparently too large for surgery so she will be doing radiation treatments. I have a handful of people I consider examples of what i would like to be like. Twila is one of them. If you happen to read this and you believe positive energy can affect outcomes please send energy to Twila and her family. If you can donate some money to help her her daughter has set up a page to help defray medical expenses

http://www.gofundme.com/atlovg

No comments:

Post a Comment