About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Feeling enormously sad this morning. Physically very impacted by it. Today is the funeral for my friend's 22 year old nephew who blew off half his head in what I guess was an untreated schizophrenic fugue. And yesterday I posted some thoughts on Facebook wondering about what motivates people to care about the plights of others because my 43 year old friend with recurrent cervical cancer, now deemed incurable, is getting so little help while other causes get a flood. I used the example of a 5 year old who just died from complications from undiagnosed type I diabetes. Her family had over $52 K donations and I noticed it was  over $54K the next morning whereas my friend has $525 in help and that's not even gas money to cover the weekly trips to s hospital she will need for 9 hour treatments of chemo that may prolong her life. Some of the comments on the thread were as hurtful as I can imagine people being.  More too
 One of my favorite little grooming dogs was hit by s car yesterday. I don't know of he will live but I sure hope so. His 'mom' utterly loves him. And yet more but I am trying to balance with some happy thoughts. If I can find any

No comments:

Post a Comment