About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Yesterday was a doozy. The morning started strangely with rain, a yellow sky that looked like it was not of this earth, a blazing sun and a clap of thunder that shook the earth and felt like it might have damaged my ears. Then I went to work. The freeway was closed down again for a time because of rain. Our 7:30 driver didn't get to Vegas till about 11:15 Vegas time. He talked of cars swept off the road by flash flooding, waterfalls off the cliffs over his head and a lake of water between the two sides of the freeway a mile long. and other stuff. The owner cancelled 3 runs yesterday and so i was fielding calls so thickly that I did not have time to so much as pee before 4 o'clock. I was supposed to work until three, but they fired the girl who was to come in at 3 minutes before she was due and all the other office workers were out of town. I was facing the prospect of being there till 9 in the midst of the exact kind of drama in human interactions I HATE. Police were there. Twice. This wasn't about the girl they fired, though related in a way. I am thinking better to not get too specific, but omg!!! Anyway, my friend who hired me came early from Vegas and I left shortly before 7. I have to be back today and I am NOT looking forward to any more drama. I hope the drama is played out elsewhere. I am sure there will be more of it. I got home and Bruce, who was worried about me and had planned, before I told him that my boss brought me Chinese food, to bring me food. This act is magnified in its generosity and lovingness  because Bruce has really bad anxiety any time he goes out.

When I got home he had gifts for me that he had ordered and they came in the mail. he knows I like Native American cultures and he thought I would like some art in my groomery. There are messages in each of them from him to me.



And, I thought I would include a picture of my extremely ugly colorwheel assignment. I will redo this. Tempera has changed a LOT since I last used it. This was like painting with watercolors dissolved in snot


No comments:

Post a Comment