About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Bruce and I are taking a quiet day. I am going to work (I think) from 3-9, but if not, that's fine too. Melanoma has not been diagnosed but both of us think he has it. If not, we will probably laugh giddily and maybe make some changes. But with the one on his back and several others on his head we think it's melanoma. What's weird is that melanoma was never a disease I thought of for Bruce. I could think of a lot of physical troubles that would be crowding the line in his life. Melanoma was never on my radar for him. It has always been for ME, because I have a jillion moles and I am pretty fair skinned. I was in the sun a LOT because we always had a pool as I was growing up and twice I sunburned to blisters. But I never thought of it for Bruce. He's been feeling very crappy and for a long time too. Since last night, he's been in turmoil. Who wouldn't be faced with a strong possibility of cancer? He doesn't want to be a burden. He won't be a burden. or maybe he will but not an unwelcome burden. He deserves to be cared for when it isn't easy. There have been a couple times when he has cried. I hugged him once and tried to give him some privacy another time. I'd probably be doing the same thing. But suddenly my priorities are very clear. Bruce and my mom. How we make it will be an adventure an a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment