About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I groomed a little schnauzer the day before yesterday. Maggie. When she first started coming she was very fearful and she would bite, but she was also very sweet. Over time, she has become more trusting though she is still fearful. I really like this dog and I like her owner. Grooming at home, I can take my time and I do. It usually takes me about 3 hours to groom a dog. Maggie was done in about 2 and a half hours and I was very pleased with how pretty she looked. And with the enjoyable time. She did resist on her feet and legs but she was good on her face which is why I was so surprised to get a text from her "mom" yesterday saying she was at the vet with Maggie and Maggie has a huge ulcer in her eye that the vet says was caused by clippers. I take lots of pictures after a groom is done and she is not squinting or tearing. She never yipped or anything like that. I told her I scissored close to her eyes. I could not imagine how or when this could have happened. I asked if it could be a reaction to shampoo and she said her vet said it would have been different if shampoo or hair, that this was a puncture. She said Maggie might go blind in the eye. I am heartsick. I offered to pay the vet bill (the owner says she wouldn't let me but if I hurt her I feel responsible to do what I can) Ive asked her to let me know how Maggie is doing and she will. Grooming dogs can be so satisfying but in times like this I never want to risk the possibility of hurting one. There are many dogs who are definitely a danger to groom, they fight and jump around. It is not like a human going for a haircut. Maggie is on my mind today.

And today I turned 56. No other birthday has affected me the way this one us affecting me. I feel disbelief and dismay. I am nearly 60! How did that happen? My mom called and it was nice to talk to her. Every time I do talk to her though, it makes me want to drop everything and go to California to help her as best i can. She lost her tv remote control and her cable company sent her a replacement (for $10) but it is the wrong one and so she's been without tv. I told her I think she can get a universal remote at a grocery store (not that i know anything about it really) but tv is her only entertainment. She also said her tv has lost it's color. I wondered if maybe it's her eyes but she said the tvs downstairs have color. I told her I think she should go get a new tv. We chatted on a variety of subjects until,her phone died. I will call her later. I need to mail her some recipes she wants. I have them all ready to go. Just trying to get out the door to go to the post office. I haven't had breakfast yet, not even my warm lemon honey ginger water and I'm hungry. It would be nice to go to brunch with a friend but then again I am thinking of making the chicken salad recipe I am sending my mom to test it. I recreated it from memory. I've had lots of greetings from friends which I appreciate very much, Bruce came in to the bedroom at midnight to give me a kiss and a card (Glinda- he sees me as Glinda ) He said a bunch of sweet stuff and just made me feel special. I am breaking in the new squishy pillow he gave me (they get more squishy with use) I am very grateful for Bruce. Today I hope to cut back the roses- it's already getting warmer here and make sure the sales tax thing is right and a fe other chor things. Otherwise i think I will just read today.

No comments:

Post a Comment