About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Had a less productive day than I planned to. It started with the littlest thing and escalated. I may write about it for venting purposes but not tonight. Bruce is currently in the kitchen. He's been wanting healthier food which astounds and pleases me. I've forgotten how to cook! Anyway, today I tried to make organic chicken breasts, portabello mushrooms, a head of broccoli, brown rice and mild cheddar cheese. It came out...sticky, Bruce suggested Alfredo sauce but I didn't have any of that, so he began adding cream of mushroom soup and water. It has a better consistency now. I will start looking at recipes. I am glad he is wanting more vegetables!

I have a friend who  met a couple years ago in my CNA class. She is smart, smarter than she thinks. She is really adept at picking up science. BUT she is not well educated, writing is very hard for her. She dropped out of high school and got into drugs. She has quit the drugs and the alcohol and also has quit smoking since before i knew her. But she has FIVE kids. Four live with her and she raises them alone. She has no money. Right now she is working a back breaking job for $9 an hour. She's taking summer school and I am helping her with her English class. Her minivan just broke down. It's been on the edge for a long time. Apparently it is an electrical problem this time. There is no public transportation near her (which is so stupid, as she lives in subsidized housing, why no bus route????) Anyway, when her minivan broke down it threw ME into a tizzy. It's because she tries so hard and has so much to do and she has the most positive spirit. I thought, "Well I have an extra car, a low mileage Mercury Sable wagon. I love that car, but it had broken motor mounts and would sometimes die on me. Now the battery is dead, and the tires may be dry rotted. Anyway, I'd give her the car if I could fix it. It has to be in good working condition she can't afford to fix it. I put up a begging post on Facebook. Not contributions and only Bruce and my friend Debbie responded. Debbie couldn't help which she felt badly about (I was hoping I had more flush with cash friends, yeah, right. It wasn't supposed to make anyone feel bad) Bruce told me he would lend me his Subaru if I wanted to lend my friend my Buick.His Subaru has been undriven for a long time. The battery was dead but he put a charger on it and offered to buy a new battery. I took it to the place he got his battery and they tested it and it tested fine, so the guy recommended we put it on the charger. I was pleased Bruce didn't need to buy a new battery. I put gas in it and had it washed and added windshield wiper fluid. His car..... Every time including yesterday I drive that sucker it gets compliments despite the fact that it looks terrible to me. The paint is, well, not there.... its a little coupe and very bare bones. The ac never was any good but Bruce doesn't much like ac. The upholstery is shot, there is no drivers side visor, but men come up and start conversations about this car. People have come to the door wanting to buy it! It is reliable as fuck and while I hate the smallness and spartanness and the lack of that visor, it IS fun to drive. Very responsive. So tomorrow my friend is going to come borrow my Buick and I "get" to drive the Subaru. It will do th Subaru good to be driven. My friend has some leeway at least about getting her car fixed or replaced or whatever. I suggested she could use it till the end of summer. I wish I could do better but I am so grateful to Bruce for allowing me to use his car so I could offer her mine.

Had a message from a friend who asked me if I would groom her MIL's dog. I learned it used to be her dog and I love him. Before I knew that I asked what kind of dog and she said it was Bob but 2 others too!!! I agreed to try to do them Sunday. It will take me all day, Typically I take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours per dog. I have a cage, but I wish I had something bigger. I don't want to close the garage door. I did tell her Bob would be free but I am going to charge $30 apiece for the other 2. She offered to do my hair for free, and while she does do my hair, it should be $40. If I am doing 3 dogs I want SOME money. I really do wish I could get the plumbing fixed in the garage to get a tub with warm water out there. These dogs will fit in the kitchen sink though.  I do like grooming little dogs but I sure wasn't expecting 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment