About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

When I dream they are often long and epic. last night was one of those. But dark, and I am trying to figure out why. Can't I just have a funny dream? Or a sexy dream? Apparently not. I dreamed of a string of suicides taking place over centuries. They were in "America" and the site was a tree (though I only saw pale smooth but large roots and it was in a dungeon or cave. The first victims were women, and dressed in Pilgrim garb. I say victims but it was always one at a time and I say victims because like the one I remember most, a young woman who didn't want to die, she just wanted to be loved by her family and the male, brutish representative of that family was going to profit from her death. He drove her to it. And in her death I felt all of her emotions her fear and despair and longing for life to be other tan it was. And I watched her death, every moment. When she was dead, the brute missed her, because she could no longer serve his needs. It was a very long time before there was a male suicide. There were only a few of those. I could never quite get the mix of religious and political ends these deaths served, but they did serve those ends. and always someone profited.

Yesterday I got a chunk of CIS done, I need to go do more. Have to take the test by 7. I have the poetry final at 2 and I want to go to Storm the Mic tonight if I can. I say if I can because while yesterday I was starting to feel better today I am coughing deeply and feeling like CRAP again. I thought I might be getting well. Hah! Still 2 essays to write for History too, but not today. That's tomorrow. My Environmental Science professor sent me a letter about a paid internship. But it's in Oregon. 8 weeks! I'd love to go. I might broach it to Bruce, he does love it when I am gone. 8 weeks though...

No comments:

Post a Comment