About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Monday, January 7, 2013

I still write your name in honey
on my peanut butter toast
And I still hear
"in Your Eyes"
when I think of you
But also,
"I'll never look into your eyes, again, my friend"
Because, what could be there?
There might be nothing
That would be too sad.
But what I think is that I would quicken
As I always have
And you would not.
Against that, I have given myself strict instructions-
If there is a reset.
If we live other lives
That if you and I should ever meet again
That I remember just enough to
Run like Hell
I'll chance fresh pain
Against the known depth of you



No comments:

Post a Comment