About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just before I was to leave to go to the gym my mom called. She is very interested in trying juicing. I've been telling her about my experience and how it has not been like I thought it would be. I think juicing would be good for her. I suggested she just incorporate a glass into her normal diet. She doesn't need to lose weight and I don;t know what she would really detox. She doesn't have a lot of bad habits food wise as far as I know. I explained to her the difference between a juicer and a blender. She's impressed by the fact that I don't have to peel pineapple to juice it : ) I told her that for some meals I am using both a juicer and a blender (another aberration for the true juice fast) I will blend things like berries and bananas and add juiced veggies or fruits like pineapple, pomegranates, apples, oranges, lemons etc. I am looking forward to a drink with avocado and told her avocado is a prime example of something you wouldn't want to juice. Since she doesn't have internet or Netflix it turned out that I sent her both a Breville (just like mine) and an informational packet that I'd like for ME but didn't get. It has a copy of Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, a recipe book and an informational booklet. I am happy she is so excited to try this and I really hope she likes it.
Then I went to the gym. It was only $30 for the semester (at the college). after paying I found the scale. I have been curious. Today is my 8th day and I have lost 15 pounds! Pretty painlessly! Now I am sure a lot of that is water and I am sure those numbers won;t continue to be so high for long. They just are now because I have so much extra fat. But that was a nice feeling. What wasn't was attempting to exercise. Wow I am out of shape and I am attempting such drastic changes I need to go really slowly with the exercise. need to DO it, but to start slow and be consistent. As it was I ended up in the bathroom twice and I was pretty much seeing visions and feeling all sorts of strange sensations. It was so intense that I ended up sitting in my car and fell asleep in there! When I woke after what felt like a long time I felt that I was not even in the same WORLD. Very surreal feelings and I still feel a bit odd. Sort of detached. This is turning out to be quite and interesting experience indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment