About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Yesterday was a very nice day. Today I didn't wake up till 10 am and that was due to an emotional dream. I can;t remember WHY it was emotional just the who and probably it being undetailed is better. I haven't slept so late in forever! I think I could have stayed in bed all day. But i didn't. I got some chores, but no homework done. I enjoyed memories from yesterday, mostly Bruce chasing me around with a "fanny whacker" I got that reminded me of one my grandma gave my mom. Strange little poem on it. It was never used on me, but it probably was on David. Poor kid got spanked a LOT. Anyway, Bruce was tying to administer 53 swats and a pinch (I told him no one wants me to grow an inch...he had no idea what I was talkin about-in my neighborhood it was "a pinch to grow an inch and a smile to grow a mile" In his apparently it was "a pinch for luck" Anyway we were cavorting through the house laughing as he tried this. It was fun!
I ate butternut squash soup several times today- the jalapenos bloomed during the night an I found the stuff quite enchanting. Only had on juice today- pineapple, grapefruit and ginger. So good!!! Like drinking a sunny day. I was drinking it watching a few little flurries of snow. Big pretty flakes. The snow didn't last long. I enjoyed the flowers I got yesterday and some music, started off in a Janis Joplin mood. This evening I had a spate of texts. An older friend who is quite worried about his prostate and doesn't want surgery he thinks he may need... a friend who is sick.... (I ran her over some of both kinds of soup I made yesterday- almost before i got home she had texted the chicken noodle was delicious- I said, "you're fast!" she countered with, "I was HUNGRY!" Pleased me that she liked it. It was a fairly quiet day. Some undertones. But mostly light. I would prefer to be light and playful and focus my attention on the people who love me. Speaking of that, I need to call my mom and find out if she has YET tried her juicer. I am so grateful for mine!. I love eating healthier and learning more about how to care well for myself. Today I went to the store for bags (soup distribution) and to replace that Hershey bar i gave to a friend last night. I'd asked Bruce first if he wanted it and I thought he said no but he had wanted it. He was a little sad, but good natured about it. So I was thinking about his sweet self and got him the candy an a card which I will give to him later. I really appreciate him and his love and our little furry family He fed Bitty last night. Bet she appreciated seeing him. I love him for his tender heart. And I love our babies. I gave the dogs nice meaty bones today and just revelled in the sounds of their contented crunching. Well sleepy now. I think I will go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment