About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sitting with a "goodnight" juice made from celery heart, a lemon, some ginger and warm water. I like the additions! I've read that it is good to go to bed and arise with warm lemon water. Believing it.
 I had a rather icky day today. Having such terrible trouble in statistics that I wanted to be at Staples at 8 when they opened to buy a calculator so that perhaps I might get my homework done before the 1 o'clock class. As it turns out I did NOT finish it by then. I am so lost! Anyway, at Staples I had no assistance and their demonstrator calculators were..... NON-WORKING due to dead batteries. After standing there for some time I decided that I did not wish to fork out over $100 for the TI83/84 models without being able to SEE the formulas I know I need. So, I saw an HP 10bll+ that purported to be a business/financial/ STATISTICS calculator and it did have an n! key. There was no demonstrator, but I bought it for ($40+ tax + batteries) and the strange disc batteries that power it. In the car I saw in the tiny booklet that it listed at least some of the formulas I need. But no instructions how to enter the data! The examples are unclear on the homework. I could not figure out what the FUCK I was supposed to be doing at some points. Then, even when I thought I did understand some procedure, the homework check kept telling me I was wrong. I discovered that this calculator rounded to 3 decimal places whether you want it to or not. If that IS changeable I have no idea how to change it. The frustration of not being able to use the calculator, or understand the instructions for how to do it by hand had me just furious and frustrated. My physiology class is 15 minutes after statistics ends. After physiology I went and  bought a TI84 Plus- Silver Edition. NOT fro Staples. Decided not to try to do anything tonight about statistics. Too angry. So I've been working on the psychology study guide.. I thought I would be long done but I still have 5 answers to find and I am dead sick of it for the night. I have a LOT of homework to do. I really had hoped to finish the study guide tonight. And I keep getting spurts of venom about having 2 superfluous calculators (in addition to my TI89, which will be useful if I try to understand the algebra this summer)
I hope to get some good sleep tonight, wake up late in the morning, juice, do homework of some sort and go to class. Immerse in schoolwork all weekend. Maybe make progress. And do my best to take care of myself. Anger is not conducive to that. But I swear to God i feel like the stats teacher does not really care if we learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment