About Me

My photo
I am mundane and magical, Silly and serious. I am an underachiever who suspects that someday in the eternities I may yet blossom and even fruit. I am a collector of spirits and essences, a studier of mood and nuance.I have many many faults and yet I've always been loved. I am a good friend, but I will let you go if you so desire. I believe in Somewhen. I laugh easily and cannot often cry, which I know is a Flaw. Like You, I am a work in progess.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I had a very nice day, with tulips and roses and glittery shoes and much love from friends. Instead of doing homework which I SHOULD have done I made soup from some of my new veggies. I made chicken noodle soup to which I did add some garlic which made poor Bruce turn on the kitchen fan AND light sandalwood incense. I knew he would not TRY the soups in any case. The man likes Campbells. Le sigh. my fingers actually hurt from removing tiny thyme leaves from the woody stalks. I grated my hand pretty good as i was grating fresh ginger.... Bruce thought i was going to eviscerate myself trying to saw through butternut squashes. I decided to use all three and I wish I wouldn't have because unlike all the other foodstuffs in those baskets except maybe the non roma tomatoes the butternut squashes were not quite ripe. And old SI friend, oh don;t ask, but this is my alone space so you weren't thinking of asking anyway directed me through the process an provided me with a recipe. This here recipe. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butternut-Squash-Soup-with-a-Kick/Detail.aspx. Some of the ingredients are not on my new list of foods to eat but I figured, it's my birthday! And I wasn't have cake! I followed the recipe pretty closely except that I tripled it and then only used 2 jalapenos. I am nervous about potentially hot stuff. The soup came out good but a little bland. Laura later told me my Butternut squashes were a little unripe and that she BAKES them before scooping them out of their skins. Woulda been good to know! She also said she adds ground cloves, and nutmeg to the mix. I added those and threw in cinnamon so I have a slightly dessert like creamy soup that is a bit bland but good. I might try it again sometime. But I really want to make Tom Kha Kai (most online recipes for it call it Tom Kha Gai or just Tom Kha. Another SI friend Donna gave me another recipe using Butternut squash and that sounded very good too.
Ah new foods to eat. Right. Well III still want to do a 60 day juice fast. And I clearly see the benefits to me by basing my diet mostly on juice. But with school schedule it's very difficult. I keep a cooler in  my car trunk and on the mornings I have tome to make juice I will, but it tastes INFINITELY better to me fresh, so that's a problem. I've decided to try the juice fast over summer break. But really I want to drink mostly juice now and stick otherwise to soup and salad and nuts. I am eating more nutritiously than I have EVER in my life.
As I say it was a nice day with many friends extending good wishes on facebook or texting or coming over. I felt very loved today, which was nice. My friend Rebecca brought 3 of her sons! I think I need to go to bed now. I am quite sleepy and starting to think in circles. Night Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment